EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, offers a work experience placement in the area of European funding for integrated urban development for six months starting mid July 2017.
The candidate will support the EUROCITIES projects team.
- assisting in the preparation of new project proposals
- assist in gathering and updating of information and contacts related to the EU institutions
- preparation of funding and financing information documents
- assist in the organisation of workshops and events
- draft of articles and reports
- web research
- general assistance to the project team
- university degree in a relevant field (EU projects management degree an asset)
- basic knowledge of EU funding programmes and institutions
- pro-active and reliable with good organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- good English, oral and written (other European languages are an asset)
- good interpersonal skills for an international environment
- ability to write reports and synthesise key information
- flexibility and interest to work on multiple policy and projects related to urban development
- insights into the daily work of a projects team, working on key projects and initiatives related to urban development
- a dynamic and international working environment
- assistance with living expenses up to €200 per month under the Belgian legislation
- assistance with local public transport expenses
- assistance with lunch expenses
- a Belgian mobile phone number, with credits for calls and internet
How to apply:
Send a detailed CV and cover letter in Pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00, Wednesday 31 May 2017, with the subject “WEP Project”.
In the motivational letter, please write a short paragraph on “How European funded projects can impact integrated urban development”.
Interviews are scheduled to take place around mid-June. The projected starting date of the internship is mid July 2017, for a period of 6 months.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual candidate. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.