EUROCITIES, the network of major European cities, is recruiting a project coordinator. The successful candidate for this position will work under the supervision of the projects & knowledge sharing director at the EUROCITIES Brussels office. He/she would ideally start in February-March 2018.
The project coordinator will coordinate two H2020 projects in which EUROCITIES is a partner: PROSPECT (capacity-building for financing energy efficiency in cities) and COLLECTORS (waste management).
- lead on city-to-city learning/capacity building activities
- lead on communication and dissemination activities
- draft project publications (eg case studies publications)
- organise project events
- project coordination tasks including work-planning and monitoring, financial and administrative management
- contribute to project development in EUROCITIES
- contribute to policy development in the field of environment, and contribute to the EUROCITIES Environment Forum
- support EUROCITIES general policy and project work, as well as other activities in line with the overall objectives
- Successful track record of minimum 3 years work experience in the field of EU-funded project management
- Successful track record of minimum 5 years work experience in environment-related policies
- Experience in publications and event management
- Knowledge of financing instruments
- Experience of capacity building
- Knowledge of Horizon2020 programmes
- Experience of working with local/city governments or public-sector partners
- Fluent English, oral and written. Other European languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Good networking and interpersonal skills for an international environment
- A contract until the end of the projects in June 2020, under Belgian legislation
- Salary range between €3300 to €3600 gross per month, according to experience
- Additional benefits (meal vouchers, pension plan, hospitalisation insurance, refund of public transportation, 13th month, éco-chèques)
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic and international team
- Training opportunities
- A pleasant working environment
Applicants are requested to send a letter of motivation explaining your suitability for the position together with a CV with at least two referees (including your current or last employer) by 28 January 2018 COB to: Patricia de Wouters, HR coordinator, at email@example.com
Please send the documents in pdf format and mention ‘project coordinator environment’ in the subject line.
Interviews will be held in Brussels on Tuesday 6th February 2018. Only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.